I want to take the time to thank all of you for sticking with me during these past few months. I know we have all faced challenging times and we are looking forward to returning to some semblance of normalcy soon. As Mayor Cooper said in his Roadmap for Reopening Nashville, “living with COVID-19 means returning to work with COVID-19”. Therefore, I have made the decision to resume direct therapy services beginning Monday, June 15, 2020. While I am a bit apprehensive about this decision, I know it is what your children need in order to continue their success towards their OT goals. Teletherapy has been a great tool during the shutdown and I will plan to utilize it if in-person sessions cannot be held (for reasons that I will list below).
Teletherapy Services will be rendered if:
- You answer “Yes” to any of the following questions:
- Has your child (or anyone in the household) been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or a local public health official in the last 14 days?
- Has your child (or anyone in the household) experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory problem)?
- Has your child (or anyone in the household) had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 24 hours?
- Has your child (or anyone in the household) had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Has your family/child has traveled in the past 14 days (internationally or COVID-19 hot spot areas)?
- Either of my children are sick and I am unable to conduct an in-person session. (If this occurs, I will contact you via email and/or text to notify you of the change)
Policy Changes and Updates in Response to COVID-19:
I will wear a mask during all client interactions. I cannot require your child to wear a mask, but it is a recommended safety measure from the CDC when social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Keep in mind that I work in close proximity with all my clients, including your child. I will socially distance when appropriate, but there are many circumstances that will require me to be within six feet or provide tactile prompts.
As always, I will practice proper hand hygiene including washing hands before and after sessions. I will use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if I can’t wash my hands with soap and water. I also request that all clients wash their hands prior to our session and/or have alcohol-based hand sanitizer available. In order to protect myself, my family and other clients, I ask that this be done upon my arrival.
I will follow all federal, city and state regulatory guidelines relating to sanitation and hygiene. To comply with such guidelines, I will let all clients know what material(s) will be needed for the session prior to my visit. I expect each client to provide appropriate materials in order to decrease possibility of spreading COVID-19. If a session requires the use of my personal supplies, I will thoroughly clean equipment/supplies before and after the session. All disinfectants used are nontoxic and EPA approved against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
In the past I have been fairly lenient with late cancellations. Please refer to the attendance policy document you consented to at the initiation of services. I have attached the document for your review.
** Finally, in order for direct services to be rendered, I am REQUIRING a liability wavier to be completed which can be accessed the following link: http://bit.ly/sproutwaiver. **
Should you choose to not complete the aforementioned liability waiver, I am happy to continue working with your child via teletherapy.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward seeing you all in person again. Hope your summer is off to a great start.
Tracey F Levy, OTD, OTR/L